When we are building websites for clients, we go through a process of gathering the site requirements which leads us to gathering content and confirming site functionality. Then it’s up to us to deliver the site and the client can take more of a back seat and focus on reviewing the work we produce.
In a way, social media is more complicated for the client because a) it's not centred on just one presence the way a website is and b) there is an ongoing need for the client to put out content.
Which leads to lots of questions and concerns such as:
- There are many social media channels so which ones should I use?
- Each social media channel requires different forms of content so how do I manage content creation?
- I don’t know how often I should post… and should there be one person in charge of this or many?
- How much time should I allocate to social media?
- I think I know what platforms I should be using but I don’t know if I’m getting the most out of them?
- How will I know if all our efforts are working?
Depending on what questions you have, there are various ways we can help.
If you’re a new business or new to using social media, we would advise doing a Roadmap session.
If you’re confident about the channel(s) you want to use but need some expert guidance, then Social Media Training would benefit.
If you know you want expert management of your social media output, you could opt for our Campaign Management service.
Or finally for more experienced users, you might like to do an evaluation of all your current efforts to decide if your Strategy needs to evolve.
Whatever you need help with us, let us know and we’d be happy to reach out to you.