From a marketing point of view, Instagram is a goldmine. There are over 1 billion users each month and given the visual nature of the platform, bringing people to your profile to view products and services is as easy as ever before.
To make it even easier mention.com have provided us with the latest engagement trends for 2021. This information has been gathered from 100 million Instagram posts.
- If you’re having trouble gaining followers don’t worry, you’re not alone. 53.6% of Instagram users have under 1000 followers
- If you’re in the Home & Auto industry you’re in luck! you are in the most popular business category on Instagram with 192,000 active followers.
- Even better luck if you happen to be Ariana Grande! Her account has 207.4 million followers. So throwing a few (relevant) Ariana Grande hashtags to your posts may be of benefit.
- Carousel posts have overtaken image and video posts as the posts with most engagements. An average of 62 likes and 5 comments.
- Choose your words carefully when captioning your posts. 500–1,000 and 1,000–2,000 characters range have been found to be the sweet spot.
- The accounts with the most engagement are beauty and cosmetic related accounts
- We have stated in previous posts that geo tagging your location helps with your organic reach. Los Angeles was the most geo tagged location for the second year in a row.
- Instagram permits up to 30 hashtags. The optimum number of hashtags in a post is 20.
- #Love was the most popular hashtag with almost 2.5 million posts, but #bollywood was the hashtag with the most engagements!
- There we have it! A glimpse into Instagram’s engagements. The full list report can be found here.
- If you need any assistance with Instagram or any other social media channel, give us a shout and we will be happy to help!